SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — The No. 4 Berry College volleyball team finished the road trip 2-1 after a split on Saturday afternoon. The team bested host No. 14 Wittenberg 3-0 before falling to No. 21 Ohio Northern in five sets.
The Vikings sit at 8-2 overall and have four wins over top-25 teams. Carson VanCampen was named to the All-Tournament team.
HOW IT HAPPENED (Game 1):
- The Vikings dominated from the start in the matchup with Wittenberg, claiming the opening set 25-16. Berry went on to win sets two and three 25-18 and 25-13, respectively.
- Carson VanCampen continued her strong weekend, earning 10 kills and seven blocks
- Emily Rapach passed 29 assists and had a team-high three service aces
- Laura Beier earned 19 assists
HOW IT HAPPENED (Game 2):
- The Vikings claimed set one against Ohio Northern 25-21, but had all the momentum zapped in sets two and three, dropping both 25-13 and 25-15, respectively.
- Berry rallied to a 25-17 set four win, but dropped set five 15-11.
- VanCampen recorded a whopping 21 kills for a .400 hitting percentage in the outing. Jordan Leitch dished 43 assists.
Berry begins a long stretch of matches in the Cage Center on Wednesday as they open conference play with a 6:30 p.m. matchup against Oglethorpe.