ROME, Ga. — In front of a packed Cage Center, the No. 17 Berry College volleyball team earned a straight-sets victory over Rose-Hulman to advance to the NCAA Mount Berry Regional semifinals tomorrow at 5:00 p.m.
The Vikings now sit at 26-3 on the year after advancing to the Regional Semifinals for the second straight season. The win also extended Berry's winning streak in the Cage Center to 29-straight matches. Set scores were 25-22, 25-18 and 25-15.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry was nearly flawless offensively, hitting .374 as a team for the match.
- The Vikings led by as much as seven in the first set, holding on for a 25-22 win.
- Berry kept momentum in sets two and three, hitting .400 in the final two sets to secure the win.
- Emily Hancock recorded a double-double with 11 kills and 14 digs.
- The Vikings collected 10 total blocks.
- Emily Hancock: 11 K, .200 K%, 14 D
- Carson VanCampen: 13 K, .579 K%, 5 BLK
- Emily Rapach: 7 K, .538 K%, 36 AST, 5 D, 3 BLK
- Laura Beier: 18 D
- Berry will face Mary Hardin-Baylor tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. in the next round of the NCAA Regionals.