Posted: Sep 21, 2018
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College women's soccer team earned their first victory over Sewanee since Nov. 1, 2014 on Friday night, outscoring the Tigers 4-1 for their first conference win of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry jumped ahead quickly off a goal from Kaitlin Ramsey in the 13th minute of play.
- The Vikings scored again in the 23rd minute off a boot from Vanessa Belanger that found the left side of the goal. Berry led 2-0.
- Olivia Nye then broke free in the 43rd minute, pushing the score to 3-0 before halftime.
- Nye scored once more right out of the half, making the score 4-0 Berry in the 47th minute.
- Carter Cooper scored a header in the 67th minute for the 4-1 final.
- Berry outshot Sewanee 14-3 and held an 8-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- Olivia Nye: 2 G
- Vanessa Belanger: 1 G
- Kaitlin Ramsey: 1 G
- With nine goals on the year to this point, Berry is just three goals short of their season-total from last year.
- The Vikings will return home on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. against Mississippi University for Women.