By: Genesis Leggett, Digital Content Supervisor
ROME, Ga. — Lauren Caylor's first career goal in the 39th minute of play led the Berry women's soccer team to a 1-0 victory over Covenant College on Tuesday night. The Vikings are now 3-2-1 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a corner kick, Berry's Olivia Nye got the ball to Lauren Caylor who found the back of the net from a header. The Vikings' 1-0 lead would hold for the remainder of the match.
- The Vikings fired 12 total shots in the first half to the Scott's three. Overall, Berry outshot Covenant 18-8.
- Berry also had six corner kicks in the match.
- Alyssa Stevens recorded the full 90 minutes in goal, recording three saves.
- Berry played a clean game, committing no fouls.
- Lauren Caylor: 2 SH, SOG, 1 G
- Samantha Schoppy: 4 SH, 2 SOG
- Olivia Nye: 1 AST
- Kirbi Mathews: 2 SH, SOG
- Alyssa Stevens: 90:00 MIN, 3 SV
- The Vikings will open Southern Athletic Association (SAA) competition on Friday when they host Sewanee at 5:00 p.m.