By: Ally Davis, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College women's soccer team improved to 5-2-1 on the year, winning their fourth straight game of the season after a 2-0 win over Mississippi University for Women on Sunday.
Berry set a program record with zero shots allowed on the day.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry's Olivia Nye notched the first goal in the 25th minute of play on a goal right down the middle.
- Scoring remained quiet until the 63rd minute when Haley Stewart found the back of the net off a headed pass from Olivia Nye.
- Berry recorded 24 total shots to MUW's zero.
- The Vikings also had eight corner kicks.
- Haley Stewart: 1 G, 1 SOG
- Olivia Nye: 1 G, 1 AST, 3 SH
- Ryley Shapiro: 5 SH, 3 SOG
- Cate Williams: 1 SOG, 1 SH
- This is Berry's best start to the season since 2015.
- The Vikings continue conference play on Saturday at Centre. Game time is set for 5:00 p.m.