By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
SEWANEE, Tenn. – Miranda Smith, Olivia Iobst and Shadae Williams each added goals on the day, but the Berry College women's lacrosse team fell to Sewanee 20-3 in the first round of the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) playoffs on Friday night.
The Tigers jumped out to an early lead, scoring 12 goals in the first half to lead 12-2 at halftime. Berry then tallied once more in the final 30 minutes of play, ensuring Sewanee's 20-3 victory.
Smith led the Vikings' offense in the contest, scoring once and adding one assist in the contest. Ella Makin (4-10) took the loss in goal, collecting 17 saves in her 52:21 of work.
Five Tigers added hat tricks in the matchup: Catherine Crigler, Sarah Strand, Brooke Winfield, Grace Zechman and Kit Sommi, as Sewanee improves to 13-5 on the year, advancing to the SAA Semifinals.
Berry finishes the year 4-11 overall.
- Smith: G, A, SH, SOG
- Iobst: G, 2 SH, 2 SOG, GB, 2 DC
- Williams: G, 2 SH, 2 SOG, 3 GB, 3 DC
- Makin: 17 SV, 17 GA
- Crigler: 3 G, A, 4 SH, 4 SOG, 2 GB, 2 DC, CT
- Strand: 3 G, 2 A, 5 SH, 5 SOG, GB, 3 DC
- Winfield: 3 G, A, 3 SH, 3 SOG, 2 GB, 3 CT
- Zechman: 3 G, A, 5 SH, 5 SOG
- Sommi: 3 G, 4 SH, 3 SOG, GB, 4 DC, 2 CT