By: Noah Syverson, Sports Information Assistant
DICKSON, Tenn. — The Berry women's golf team finished twenty-one strokes ahead of the next closest team to win the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) Championship for the first time in program history on Sunday.
Berry's women shot a 943 (315, 313, 315) over the course of the three day tournament, held at Greystone Golf Club in Dickson, Tennessee. Jorie Hodapp led the charge, becoming the first individual women's champion in Berry program history after shooting 231 (77, 77, 77).
Karley Hammond, Loren Kim, and Rachel Belanger all placed in the top ten as well for the Vikings to ensure the team's win.
- Jorie Hodapp: 1st - 231 (77, 77, 77)
- Karley Hammond: 3rd - 236 (80, 78, 78)
- Loren Kim: 4th - 237 (76, 80, 81)
- Rachel Belanger: T6 - 239 (82, 78, 79)
- Freshman Loren Kim led the field in par 3 scoring at just +2 for the tournament.
- Jorie Hodapp led the field in par 5 scoring at -1. She also led the tournament with 9 birdies.
- Karley Hammond was second in the field with 32 pars.