LA VERNE, Calif. — The No. 7 Berry College softball team earned a split in today's doubleheader against No. 3 Ithaca, claiming game two 8-6 and falling in the opener 6-1. Berry now sits at 9-3 on the year.
Meredith Holland earned the start in game one, tossing 5.2 innings allowing just three earned runs. Makenzie Flynt went the full 7.0 innings in game two to earn the win.
- Ithaca struck first, plating two in the first inning.
- Bayleigh Masterson drove home the only Vikings run of the game with an RBI double to left field in the third.
- The Bombers went on to add insurance in the fourth and sixth innings to secure the win.
- Ithaca again scored first on an RBI single in the opening frame.
- Berry answered in the home half of the inning on back-to-back home runs from Katlin Seger and Kayla Sangrey. Berry led 3-1
- Ithaca evened the score in the second, but the Vikings were able to score a pair in the third to regain the lead.
- Berry fell behind in after Ithaca's fifth, but were able to plate three in the home half to secure the 8-6 win.
Berry closes its Spring Break trip on Tuesday at Chapman.