ROME, Ga. — The No. 13 Berry College softball team dropped two games on Wednesday to the Emory University Eagles. Berry fell in the opening game 8-0 and 9-5 in game two.
Berry falls to 16-5 overall on the year while Emory rose to 14-4. Meredith Holland took the loss in game one that was resumed in the top of the fourth after a previously halted contest earlier in the season. Makenzie Flynt went 5.0 innings in game two, taking the loss after surrendering four earned runs.
- Berry opened the contest in the top of the fourth after trailing 3-0.
- Emory plated four runs in the fourth inning to take a 7-0 advantage.
- The Eagles brought home one more in the fifth to secure the run-rule victory.
- Emory again struck first, scoring one in the third off an RBI single.
- The Eagles then strung together a big inning in the fourth, plating three runs and adding an additional run in the fifth.
- Berry finally answered in the home half of the fifth, scoring two runs off an Emory error and an Abbey Gamble single.
- Four more runs came across for Emory in the sixth, giving the Eagles a 9-2 lead.
- Samantha Crabtree hit an RBI single in the sixth, before the Vikings attempted to rally in the home half of the seventh.
- Katlin Seger drove in a run and then scored on an error, but the Vikings fell 9-5.
Berry opens an SAA series at Birmingham-Southern on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.