ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's and women's cross country programs opened the 2018 season this evening with the annual Watermelon Run against a pair of Georgia peers.
The Vikings welcomed Emory University and Oglethorpe University to the Clara Bowl, with nearly 100 runners competing.
- The women's team was paced by junior Meredith Herman who earned a fourth overall finish.
- She was followed by Bethany Terpin who placed ninth and newcomer Mikey Mayes who placed inside the top-15.
- The men were led by Will Knowlton and Cameron Bensley who placed ninth and 10th, respectively.
- Parker Roberts also raced to a top-20 finish.
- Berry will head to Memphis for the Rhodes Invitational on Sept. 15.