By Rhett Butler, Sports Information Assistant
MONTEVALLO, Ala. — The Berry College Cross Country teams raced today at the University of Montevallo's Falcon Classic. Both teams posted strong times for the second meet of the year.
"The meet met our expectations with excellent competition. The conditions of the day will probably cause us to look back with perspective over time. I think this was a strong day in terms of training. But even with all that, our results are a good step for both teams," Head Coach Paul Deaton said.
The women's team finished second and the men finished seventh among non-Division I schools.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The men were led by their captain Parker Roberts, placing 36th overall and clocking 27:57.1
- Brayden Fulton had a strong race, running a season best.
- Senior Robert Bevins, in his first race of the season, ran a great effort after coming off injury.
- The women were led by senior and captain Alainna Chretien, followed by sophomore Abby Carrol. Chretien and Carrol placed 20th and 22nd overall.
- Meredith Herman placed 33rd overall, and Alyssa Fowler placed 53rd.
Men's Standout Performances:
- Bray Fulton's season best of 28:19.8 for 45th
- Robert Bevins' season best of 28:28.6 for 48th overall.
- Andy Butzow's personal best time of 29:53.8 for 75th place.
Women's Standout Performances:
- Chretien's time of 24:03.3
- Carrol's time of 24:20.5
- Lillian Hamman placed 69th in a personal best of 26:54.6