CONWAY, Ark. — The Berry College track & field teams closed competition at the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) Championships this afternoon, both tying program bests with third place finishes.
Led by strong performances out of the seniors and freshmen, the Vikings also earned the team's most All-SAA winners and outperformed their point projections.
- Meredith Herman earned a third place finish in the women's 5,000m run with a PR of 18:29.16.
- Parker Roberts and Cameron Bensley went 5-6 in the men's 5,000m to earn points. Cam Mallett also earned a PR in the event.
- Senior Alexa Bilsky finished second in the women's javelin for her fourth straight All-SAA honor.
- Freshman Kamman Brown became the first Berry women's athlete in the NCAA Division III earn All-SAA in the high jump, earning second place with a PR.
- Dalton Sharpe put in a strong performance in the men's javelin to earn third with a PR and NCAA DIII era record of 52.91m.
- Senior Will Knowlton had a phenomenal race in the 1,500m, coming from behind in the final 200m to claim first place in the event.
- Rachel Bibbey, Genesis Leggett and Denae Rivera went 3-4-6 in the women's discus.
- The Vikings men's sprinters had a day. The 4x100m relay team defended its title led by CJ Stone and a trio of freshmen. Stone also claimed first in the 100m and 200m. Freshman Jordan Wilson earned second in the 200m.
- Wilson also claimed second in the men's 400m with a PR of 48.47.
|8||U. of the South||UOFT||32|
|8||U. of the South||UOFT||30|
The league office will announce official All-SAA and major award winners later this week.