By Meredith Herman, Sports Information Assistant
ATLANTA -- The Berry College track and field teams closed competition at the two-day Emory Invitational on Saturday, posting strong marks and several personal records. Competing against more than 30 NCAA Division II and III schools, the Vikings also earned a school record in the men's 4x100 relay.
- Tori Johnson placed 7th in the 400m hurdles.
- Sophomore Meredith Herman took 3rd in the 3,000m Steeplechase, setting a new personal record (PR) of 11:28.03.
- The women's distance medley team of Alainna Chretien, Kinslee Clevenger, MaryBeth Rowland and Abby Carroll placed 4th with a 12:50.67.
- Parker Roberts placed 5th in the 1,500m with a 4:17.08 after running the men's 10k the night before.
- The men's 4x100 relay team of Mason Kinsey, Derrell Mims, Quincy Watford and CJ Stone set a new school record of 42.27.
- Abby Carroll set a personal record of 4:56.41 in the 1,500m.
- Senior Alainna Chretien set a PR in the 800m with a 2:20.45, just barely grazing the school record.
- Mitchell Brice placed 4th in the men's pole vault, with Ethan Caldwell not far behind placing 6th.
- Rachel Bibbey placed 8th in the women's discus.
- Jed Woodward scored 3rd place in men's shot put.
The Vikings will head back to Emory on March 30-31.