By Meredith Herman, Sports Information Assistant
ATLANTA — The Berry College track and field teams closed competition at the Emory Classic on Saturday. Competing with a smaller squad, the Vikings faced competition from 38 teams including Shorter College, Kennesaw State and Albany State.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior George Saboura took 6th in the men’s javelin throw.
- The Men’s 4x100 team took 5th with a time of 42.95.
- Senior JoCee North continued her string of running a full 1 second PR in the 400m in each of her last three meets.
- CJ Stone placed 2nd in the Men’s 200m with a 22.33.
- Freshman Tucker Smith placed 2nd in men’s pole vault with Mitchell Brice not far behind in 6th.
- AJ O’Brien took 7th in the men’s triple jump.
- Junior Jed Woodward placed 5th in the men’s shot put.
WHAT THEY SAID:
“We competed with a limited squad this weekend with it being the Easter holiday and our distance group training through it. We didn’t come away with any earth shattering performances, but thought we competed well versus the other 38 colleges competing. With only two meets left before SAA’s, we really start to narrow our focus on our home meet next weekend and setting up for conference. For many athletes of our team, it is now or never as the season starts to wind down. We look forward to the next few weeks and seeing the harvest of what we have grown since last fall.” –Head Coach Luke Syverson
The Vikings will host their 3rd Annual Field Day Invitational on April 6th and 7th. Events start on Friday at 3:30 pm with the Women’s Hammer Throw. Berry will also be honoring our seniors on Saturday during the meet.