By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Maggie Hogsed, Brooke Boyd, Josie Hadaway and Dylan White led the Berry College men’s and women’s swim and dive teams, each finishing in the top three meet high point winners to round out the Vikings’ Fall Fest Invitational on Saturday. The women’s team finished second overall with 708 points, while the men’s team finished third with 517 points.
Hogsed finished first overall among the women, scoring 85 points, while taking home first place finishes in the 200-Yard Backstroke, 200-Yard Freestyle and 100-Yard Backstroke. Boyd and Hadaway added 78 and 74 points, respectively, as well, adding multiple first place finishes for Berry, with Boyd breaking the pool record in the 1000-Yard Freestyle as well.
Dylan White scored 66 points to finish third overall among the men, breaking the 50-Yard Backstroke pool record, while Mac Stovall and Laramie Sellers each added 45 and 42 points, respectively, to finish tenth and twelfth.
BERRY WOMEN STANDOUTS:
- Haley Brown: 50-Yard Freestyle (1st place finish – 25.30), 100-Yard Freestyle (1st place finish – 53.69)
- Boyd: 100-Yard Freestyle (1st place finish – 10:41.90), 500-Yard Freestyle (1st place finish- 5:16.35)
- Hogsed: 200-Yard Backstroke (1st place finish – 2:12.62), 200-Yard Freestyle (1st place finish – 2:00.39), 100-Yard Backstroke (1st place finish – 1:02.51)
- Hadaway: 200-Yard Breaststroke (1st place finish – 2:31.01), 200-Yard Individual Medley (1st place finish – 2:16.30), 100-Yard Butterfly (1st place finish – 59.85)
- Chelsea Mazie: 1-Mtr Diving (1st place finish – 145.05 points)
BERRY MEN STANDOUTS:
- White: 50-Yard Backstroke (1st place finish – 25.79)
- The women’s 200-Yard Freestyle relay team of Hogsed, Boyd, Hadaway and Brown also swam to a new pool record on Friday afternoon, taking home the first place finish in 1:40.66.
The Vikings will travel to Savannah, Ga., to compete in the SCAD Invitational beginning on Thursday, Nov. 30.