By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
SEWANEE, Tenn. – The Berry College swim & dive teams split with Sewanee in a Southern Athletic Association (SAA) dual meet matchup on Friday. The women’s team started off the season with a 133-109 victory over the Tigers, while the men’s team narrowly fell 115.5-105.5.
Michael Bemis and Josie Hadaway led the Viking teams, earning two individual first place finishes each. Bemis topped the leaderboard in both the 100-Yard Freestyle (48.95) and the 50-Yard Freestyle (22.08). While Hadaway finished first in both the 200-Yard Individual Medley (2:17.03) and the 100-Yard Breaststroke (1:10.98).
- Brooke Boyd: 1000-Yard Freestyle (1st – 10:58.39)
- Haley Brown: 50-Yard Freestyle (1st – 25.49)
- Sarah Pierce: 100-Yard Butterfly (1st – 1:02.96)
- Cole Beddingfield: 100-Yard Butterfly (1st – 54.03)
- Leigh Hadaway: 100-Yard Freestyle (1st – 58.52)
- Maggie Hogsed: 100-Yard Backstroke (1st – 1:03.11)
- Dylan White: 100-Yard Backstroke (1st – 54.39)
- James Hoyt: 1000-Yard Freestyle (1st – 10:21.42)
- Meghan Mulhern: 200-Yard Freestyle (1st – 2:02.96), 500-Yard Freestyle (1st – 5:28.81)
- Carl Failing: 200-Yard Freestyle (1st – 1:49. 26)
- Lee Haber – 200-Yard Individual Medley (1st – 2:00.70), 500-Yard Freestyle (1st – 4:54.42)
- Kipling Klimas – 100-Yard Breaststroke (1st – 1:04.11)
- On the year, the Berry women’s team is now 1-0, while the Vikings’ men’s team is now 0-1.
Berry will travel to Birmingham, Ala., to face Birmingham-Southern College in their second meet of the season tomorrow.