ROME, Ga. — Berry College's Jake Williamson scored the game-winning goal in overtime on Tuesday night, giving the Vikings a 4-3 win over the Piedmont College Lions.
With the win, Berry improves to 3-0-0 on the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- An action-packed first half began with Jake Williamson's first goal in the third minute of play. He scored off a pass from Aidan Hackett.
- Henry Arato put Berry up 2-0 in the 15th minute off a pass from Williamson.
- Piedmont got on the board in the 25th minute and evened the score shortly after with a score in the 29th minute off a penalty kick.
- Berry's Josh Pruett scored off a penalty of his own in the 29th minute to give Berry a 3-2 lead heading into halftime.
- The Vikings held until the 81st minute when Malamin Jallow sent the game to overtime off a corner kick.
- Williamson's game-winner came off a left-footed shot in the 96th minute.
Berry travels to Covenant on Friday for a 7:00 p.m. start.