BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Berry College men's soccer team earned a 4-1 victory over Birmingham-Southern this afternoon, advancing to the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) semifinals. Berry is now 10-4-2 on the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings struck quickly in the opening half off a goal from Steven Moore in the 14th minute. He was set up by Jake Williamson.
- Williamson then scored his own in the 29th minute off an assist from Christian Roberts.
- Jack Giles wrapped up scoring in the first half, finding the back of the net in the 37th minute off an assist from Daniel Ray.
- Berry held a 3-0 lead at halftime.
- Williamson scored once more in the 64th minute off an assist from Zachary Ernst.
- BSC spoiled the shutout in the 89th minute off a goal from Ryan Hepp.
- Jake Williamson: 2 G, 1 AST, 7 SOG 7 SH
- Steven Moore: 1 G, 2 SOG, 2 SH
- Jack Giles: 1 G, 1 SOG, 1 SH
- Carson Oakes: 83:27 MIN, 3 SOG, 3 SV
- Berry will compete next weekend in the SAA semifinals at Oglethorpe.