Posted: Oct 12, 2018
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's soccer team fell to the Rhodes Lynx at home on Friday night by a 2-0 final. The Vikings are now 8-2-2 on the year and 2-1-2 in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Both teams maintained even pressure through the first half, each firing four shots apiece.
- Rhodes' Ian Schiller found the first goal of the game off a breakaway in the 38th minute. Davis Neitzschman assisted.
- Berry had a pair of corner kicks in the first, but was unable to score as Rhodes led 1-0 at halftime.
- The Vikings controlled much of the second half, firing seven total shots and three corner kicks. Berry had several chances late in the game to tie it.
- On a quick attack off a Berry shot on goal, Ian Schiller found his second goal of the night to put the game out of reach 2-0.
- The game saw six combined yellow cards and 24 fouls.
- Steven Moore: 3 SOG, 5 SH
- Aidan Hackett: 1 SOG, 3 SH
- Carson Oakes: 90:00 MIN, 7 SOG, 5 SV
- The Vikings will host Hendrix on Sunday for their senior day at 1:30 p.m.