By: Ally Davis, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's soccer team earned a 5-2 victory over Mississippi University for Women on Sunday afternoon, led by a three-goal performance from Jake Williamson.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Henry Arato scored the first goal at the 16th minute of the game off an assist from Steven Moore
- Neither team scored throughout the remainder of the first half.
- MUW scored right at the beginning of the 2nd half during the 49th minute off the boot of LaRico Lewis.
- The Owls took the lead in the 57th minute off an Andrew Bernard goal from a free kick.
- The Vikings scored the equalizer in the 66th minute. Aidan Hackett found Williamson in the middle of the box, who punched it in to make the score 2-2.
- Williamson then scored in the 71st and 75th minute to give Berry the 4-2 lead.
- Austin Casbarro scored the final goal of the game in the 84th minute.
- Jake Williamson: 3 G, 5 SOG, 7 SH
- Steven Moore: 2 AST, 1 SOG, 3 SH
- Austin Casbarro: 1 G, 2 SOG, 3 SH
- Henry Arato: 1 G, 1 AST
- With the win, the Vikings are now 6-1-0 on the season, marking the best start to a season since 2012 when Berry won the SAA Championship.
- Jake Williamson now leads the SAA in goals on the year with six.
- Steven Moore is tied for the league-lead in assists with four.
- The Vikings will head to Kentucky to play Centre on Saturday, Sept. 29th at 7:30 p.m.