By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — The Berry College men's soccer team advanced to the SAA Semifinals on Saturday afternoon with a 3-0 win over Rhodes College behind goals from Jack Giles, Jake Williamson and Caleb Ford.
Starting lineups were read under blankets of rain blowing over Bob Pearson Field, but the Vikings offense opened the game quickly. Giles scores the first goal of the game just over four minutes into the contest, finding the back of the net off a pass from Williamson to give Berry an early 1-0 lead. Williamson then added his own goal less than 10 minutes later, moving the Vikings’ lead to 2-0. Caleb Ford rounded out scoring with a tally of his own in the 72nd minute to ensure Berry’s 3-0 victory.
- Williamson: 6 SH, 4 SOG, G, A
- Giles: 2 SH, 2 SOG, G
- Ford: 2 SH, SOG, G
- Carson Oakes: 4 SV
- Matt McKeand: 4 SH
- Austin Ly: 2 SH, 2 SOG
- William Mitchell: 3 SH, SOG
- With the win, Berry improves to 8-7-1 on the year, advancing to the SAA Semifinals.
- Rhodes finishes the year 7-6-2.
- The Vikings will compete in the SAA semifinals on Friday, Nov. 3rd. Berry will play the winner of Oglethorpe and Hendrix.