ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's and women's golf teams wrapped up competition at the Chick-fil-A Collegiate Invitational today with the men earning a second place finish and the women finishing fifth.
Serving as hosts for the tournament, the Vikings had an opportunity to play on their home courses. The men's tournament took place at Stonebridge Golf Club, with the women competing across town at Coosa Country Club.
The men's team shot +9, 585 (291, 294) to lead all NCAA Division III schools. Central Alabama Community College took the top spot, shooting -1, 575 (286, 289). On the women's side, Berry shot +73, 649 (325, 324).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The men were led by Preston DeSantis who shot -2, 142 (71, 71) earning a tie at third place individually.
- Jeremy Smith also placed inside the top-10, earning a tie at ninth with a +2, 146 (72, 74).
- Wesley Heston wrapped up the Vikings inside the top-15, placing tied at 13th with a +4, 148 (73, 75).
- The women were paced by Jorie Hodapp who jumped eight spots today to finish tied for fourth. She shot a +11, 155 (80, 75)
- Karley Hammond finished tied at 11th, shooting +14, 158 (78, 80).
- Allison Smith, competing individually, placed tied at 14th, shooting +15, 159 (81, 78)
- The CFA Invitational was the last tournament of the fall season for both teams. Berry will pick back up in March with the Callaway Gardens Collegiate Invitational.