By Genesis Leggett, Digital Content Supervisor
SEWANEE, Tenn. — The Berry College men’s basketball team earned their second win of the season last night against Brevard College 68-56 in their first game of the Lon Varnell Classic at The University of The South.
The Vikings started off strong offensively holding the Tornados to only 2 points for the first 7 minutes of play. This came with the help of Elijah Hirsh who dominated the boards, leading the Vikings with 20 points. As a team, Berry shot 50% from the floor, 38.9% from three, 76.5% from the free throw line and made 32 points within the paint.
The Tornados were able to bring themselves back into the game in the second half scoring 33 points to the Vikings 30, but it was not enough to secure a win.
- Elijah Hirsh: 20 PTS, 8-for-14 FG, 4-for-4 FT, 6 REB, 2 AST, BLK
- Caleb Haynes: 11 PTS, 5-for-6 FG, 1-for-2 FT, 3 REB, 3 AST
- Myles Moore: 13 PTS, 3-for-5 FG, 3-for-3 3 FG, 4-for-4 FT, 3 REB, 2 STL, 2 AST, BLK
- Ethan Haslam: 8 PTS, 2-for-8 FG, 2-for-7 3 FG, 2-for-2 FT, 2 REB, 2 AST
- The Vikings are now 2-0 on the season.
- Berry will continue their tournament play against Johnson University Tennessee today at 1 P.M.