BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — The Berry College men's basketball team carried a 16 point lead into halftime, but were outscored 47-27 in the second period at Birmingham-Southern to fall to 2-1 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) on Sunday afternoon.
Berry (9-4, 2-1 SAA) was led by Elijah Hirsh and Quinn Atkinson who each scored 17 points. Hirsh was 8-for-11 from the field with four rebounds while Atkinson was 5-for-8 shooting.
As a team, the Vikings out-shot BSC 49.2% to 44.3% from the field and 45.8% to 30.4% from three-point range, but gifted the Panthers 14 turnovers. BSC capitalized, scoring 19 points off the Vikings' giveaways. Berry also send BSC to the free throw line 28 total times, resulting in 22 points.
- Elijah Hirsh: 17 PTS, 8-for-11 FG, 4 REB, 2 AST
- Quinn Atkinson: 17 PTS, 5-for-8 FG, 3-for-4 3FG, 3 REB
- Cory Johnson: 11 PTS, 4-for-8 FG, 3-for-5 3FG
- Myles Moore: 11 PTS, 4-for-5 FT, 6 AST
- Caleb Haynes: 9 PTS, 4-for-5 FG, 9 REB, 3 BLK
Berry will host Sewanee on Friday night at 8:00 p.m.