By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Caleb Johnson scored a team-high 19 points, but the Berry College men’s basketball team fell to Birmingham-Southern College, 75-70, on the road on Friday night.
Two other Vikings added double-digit points in the victory: Elijah Hirsh and Quinn Atkinson, with eight players scoring at least once for Berry. The Vikings also led 37-31 at halftime, shooting 34.7-percent (25-for-72) as a team in the loss.
Berry forced 16 turnovers in the contest to the Panther's 15. The Vikings also led the Panthers in rebounds (50-43), while BSC bested Berry in assists (14-7).
- Caleb Johnson: 19 PTS, 7-for-10 FG, 5-for-6 FT, 6 REB
- Elijah Hirsh: 16 PTS, 5-for-15 FG, 6-for-9 FT, 9 REB, 3 STL
- Quinn Atkinson: 16 PTS, 6-for-17 FG, 3-for-6 3PT, 1-for-1 FG, 3 REB
- Harrison Deneka: 16 PTS, 5-for-10 FG, 1-for-4 3PT, 5-for-9 FT, 8 REB
- Calvin Bak: 12 PTS, 2-for-8 FG, 2-for-3 3PT, 2-for-2 FT, 6 REB
- Rich Yancey: 8 PTS, 2-for-8 FG, 2-for-2 FT, 6 REB
- With the loss, Berry falls to 5-12 overall and 0-6 in the Southern Athletic Association.
- BSC improves to 7-10 and 4-2.
The Vikings will travel to Jackson, Miss., for their next contest on Sunday, Jan. 21 at 4:00 p.m.