By: Leigh Hadaway, Sports Information Assistant
JACKSON, Miss. — Elijah Hirsh led the Berry College Vikings to their first Southern Athletic Association (SAA) win of the season in a 90-79 victory over Millsaps College on Sunday night, snapping a five-game skid. Berry improves to 6-12 overall and 1-6 in SAA play.
Hirsh posted his sixth double-double on the year with a game-leading 22 points and 13 rebounds. Three other Vikings also scored double-digits on the night including Caleb Johnson, Alton McCloud and Coleman Ellingsworth.
Berry connected on 10 three-point shots for the most since December 15th. The Vikings also set a season-high with 32 free throws made. That mark ranks third in Berry's NCAA Division III era for free throws made in a game. Berry's also committed a season-low 10 turnovers
- Elijah Hirsh: 22 PTS, 6-for-10 FG, 10-12 FT, 13 REB
- Alton McCloud: 18 PTS, , 5-for-9 FG, 4-for-8 3PT, 5 REB
- Coleman Ellingsworth: 15 PTS, 4-for-6 FG, 2-for-4 3PT, 6 REB
- Caleb Johnson: 15 PTS, 4-for-9 FG, 2 REB
- Joshua Miller: 19 PTS, 7-for-14 FG, 2 REB
- Saxton Becker: 12 PTS, 4-for-7 FG, 4-for-4 3PT, 3 REB
- Michael Sullivan: 11 PTS, 2-for-5 FG, 7-for-8 FT, 3 REB
- With the win, Berry improves to a 6-12 overall record and 1-6 in the Southern Athletic Association.
- Millsaps falls to a 4-14 and 1-6.
- The Vikings return home on Friday night for a rematch against the Birmingham-Southern Panthers. Tip-off is set for 8:00 p.m.