ROME, Ga. — The Berry College baseball team improved to 22-9 overall and 10-4 in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play on Saturday with a doubleheader sweep of Millsaps.
The wins push Berry into a tie at first place in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) standings. Berry claimed game one 11-5 and game two 14-2. Ben Coker earned the win in game one, tossing 5.0 innings with four strikeouts. Garrett West threw 6.0 innings of shutout ball in game two to earn the win.
- Berry jumped out to a 5-0 lead after the first inning
- The Majors answered, scoring two in the second
- Devin Post doubled int he third to plate Huie
- The teams traded runs until Berry plated three in the fifth off doubles from Dylan Beasley and Weston Bray.
- Beasley doubled again in the seventh to push Berry to the 11-5 win
- West threw 6.0 innings of shutout ball
- Beasley, Spence Johns and Quinn Smith singled in the first to give Berry a 3-0 lead.
- Whitaker singled and came around to score in the third to give Berry a 5-0 advantage.
- The Vikings plated five in the fourth and four in the sixth to secure the blowout win.
Berry will close the series tomorrow at noon.