BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — The Berry College baseball team dropped game three of the series with Birmingham-Southern on Sunday afternoon 12-2. The loss drops Berry's record in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) to 8-4, good enough for second in the league behind Hendrix.
The Vikings split yesterday's doubleheader, claiming game one 17-0 before dropping game two 3-2.
Dylan Beasley earned the start, going 4.0 innings. Garrett West was credited with the loss in relief.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- BSC took a 2-0 lead after the third inning off the bat of Richie Misischia.
- The Vikings answered in the fifth, with a Zack Walch RBI single. Walch then scored on a balk.
- The Panthers took control in the home half of the fifth inning, plating five runs.
- BSC went on to score five more in the eighth to secure the 12-2 run-rule win.
- Zack Walch: 1-for-3, RBI
- Spence Johns: 1-for-3
- Dylan Beasley: 4.0 IP, 2 R, 3 K
Berry hosts Covenant on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. before opening the series will Millsaps on Saturday.