By: Adekale Ande, Sports Information Assistant
LAGRANGE, Ga. — The Berry College baseball team defeated LaGrange College 9-7 on Monday night after rallying from a 5-0 deficit. The win improves Berry’s record to 7-2 on the season and caps their sixth straight victory.
Luke Crawford earned the win pitching 4.2 scoreless innings allowing only two hits and striking out seven. William Gibbons also claimed his third save of the year, tossing 2.0 innings of scoreless ball.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- LaGrange took an early 5-0 lead after two innings highlighted by Judd Moore two RBI double to right.
- The Vikings fought back in the 3rd and 4th innings putting up four runs apiece. Zach Huie led the way with three RBI's in that span putting the Vikings up 8-5.
- Huie hit an RBI single up the middle to score Dylan Beasley in the sixth, giving Berry a 9-4 lead.
- LaGrange scored a pair in the seventh, but Gibbons held the Panthers for the remainder of the game to secure the win.
- Zach Huie: 2-for-4, 3 RBI
- Dylan Beasley: 2-for-4, 2 R, 1 RBI
- Casey Whitaker: 1-for-3, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Luke Crawford: 4.2 IP. 2 BB, 7 K
Berry will host the Emory University Eagles on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.