ROME, Ga. — The Berry College volleyball team improved to 13-2 overall and 9-0 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) on Saturday afternoon after a 3-1 win over Sewanee on Berry's Mountain Day.
Berry continues to lead the SAA, now holding a two-game lead over Hendrix.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings took the opening set 25-20, hitting .355 as a team. Berry led by as much as five late in the set.
- Sewanee claimed all of the momentum in set two, winning 25-14. Berry hit just -.081, committing eight attacking errors and earning just five kills.
- Berry took sets three and four 25-20 and 25-21, respectively.
- Emily Hancock led the Vikings offensively with 16 kills. Micayla Bedoian recorded 11.
- As a team, Berry earned 10 blocks.
- Emily Hancock: 16 K, 10 D, 2 BLK
- Carson VanCampen: 10 K, .364 K%, 6 BLK
- Micayla Bedoian: 11 K, .409 K%, 3 D, 3 BLK
- Jordan Leitch: 22 AST, 4 D
- Laura Beier: 35 D, 3 AST
- Berry has now won 26-straight regular-season matches against SAA opponents and has won 21-straight home matches.
- Laura Beier's 35 digs sets a program record for most digs in a four-set match. The previous record was 33, held by Katie Truluck.
- The Vikings will host Centre tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.