By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Berry College women’s tennis team rounded out play on Wednesday with an 8-1 victory over Lake Forest College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- All three doubles teams earned the victory over the Foresters, with Mary Cerny and Lauren Byrket defeating Lucia Stumbras and Leeza Bodnar 8-5 in the No. 1-Doubles spot.
- Sage Havrilla and Emmie Cornell also added an 8-5 win in the No. 2-Doubles spot over Allison Watts and Sara Grosse.
- Cerny (8-1), Byrket (8-1) and Havrilla (8-0) also added victories in the singles play on Wednesday.
- Grosse (8-2) earned the only Lake Forest victory over Kelsey McCray in the No. 3- Singles spot.
- With the win, Berry improves to 4-2 overall on the year.
- Lake Forest falls to 8-8 on the season.
- The Vikings have now earned a victory in each of their last three matches.
Berry will finish their spring break tour in Orlando, Fla., as they take on McMurry College tomorrow.