By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The Berry College men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams finished day two at the Southern Athletic Association Conference Championships, competing in six events.
- Berry is currently sitting in fourth for both men's and women's teams
- The women's team has earned 209 total points, and the men's team has earned 182 total points.
- The Panthers of Birmingham-Southern College currently top the leaderboard in all three categories, with the women's team scoring 323 points and the men's team scoring 359 points.
VIKINGS WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- The Berry College women’s swim team began the day with a fourth place finish in the 200-Yard Freestyle Relay. The relay team of Leigh Hadaway, Sarah Pierce, Grace Bailey and Josie Hadaway dropped four seconds to finish in a time of 1:40.24.
- Sarah Pierce secured a spot in the 500-Yard Freestyle finals after swimming a fifth-place 5:14.81 in the preliminary round. She then took home a silver medal, finishing the day with a second place finish in the 500-Yard Freestyle Finals in 5:09.50
- Swimming a 2:12.99, Josie Hadaway added a third place prelim finish in the 200-Yard Individual Medley. She then dropped three seconds to take home a second place medal in the event finals, swimming a 2:09.29.
- The Vikings’ 400-Yard Medley Relay team of Carlye McKillip, Josie Hadaway, Pierce and Leigh Hadaway finished the night with a fourth place ten-second PR finish in 4:04.25.
VIKINGS MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- The men’s 200-Yard Freestyle Relay team of Garrison Bemis, Mac Stovall, Jackson Parker and Joey Ellwanger found a way to the podium, starting the day with a third place finish in 1:26.30 for the Vikings.
- Joey Ellwanger also finished sixth in the 500-Yard Freestyle prelims in 4:46.75, securing a spot in the finals. He finished seventh overall, swimming a 4:47.16 finals time.
- Bemis swam a 21.36 prelim in the 50-Yard Freestyle, securing his spot in the finals. He maintained his second place finish, swimming a 21.89 in the finals to take home the silver.
- The men’s relay team of Bemis, Robbie Ellwanger, Joey Ellwanger and Parker capped off the night with an eight-second PR of 3:29.83 to earn a fourth place finish in the 400-Yard Medley Relay.
VIKINGS DIVING RESULTS:
- Both Frankie Reda and Sydney Partlow competed in the women’s one-meter diving competition on Thursday night.
- Reda finished third overall, scoring 327.85 points, while Partlow finished sixth, scoring 260.20 points.
The Vikings will continue action at the SAA Championship tomorrow. Friday events include the 400-Yard Individual Medley, 100-Yard Butterfly, 200-Yard Freestyle, 100-Yard Breaststroke, 100-Yard Backstroke, 200-Yard Medley Relay and the men’s one-meter diving competition.