By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
PINE MOUNTAIN, Ga. – Sydney Weaver tied for first overall, as the Berry College women’s golf team finished second at the Callaway Gardens Collegiate Invitational on Tuesday after posting a 625 team total.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Weaver shot a 74 (+2) round two score to finish tied for first at 146 (72, 74) overall.
- Rachel Belanger shot a 79 on the day to finish tied for tenth at 155 (76, 79) overall.
- Jorie Hodapp finished tied for 16th overall with a 158 (78, 80).
- Erin Bruner (166 – 82, 84) and Karley Hammond (174 – 84, 90) finished tied for 32nd and 53rd, respectively, to round out Berry’s scoring.
- Methodist Univeristy’s Johnna Beehner dropped six strokes to finish at 146 (76, 70), tied with Weaver for first place.
- Rhodes College took the team title, shooting a 618 (314, 304) team total.
- The Vikings finished second after shooting a 317 round two score to move to 625 overall.
WHAT THEY SAID:
- "We had a great week as a team, led by our senior Sydney Weaver who took first. She won her first event since Jekyll two years ago, so we're really excited. We finished second as a team only to the defending national champions, so it really sets us up well for our event at Jekyll. This is a great start to the spring season and will hopefully carry over to conference and nationals." - Head Women's Golf Coach, Jesse Lawley
The Vikings will travel to Jekyll Island, Ga., for the Jekyll Island Invitational on Saturday, March 18.