By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga. – Sydney Weaver finished tied for first for the second straight time, as the Berry College women's golf team finished tied for fourth at the Jekyll Island Invitational on Sunday. Berry finished at 962 (326, 311, 325) overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Weaver shot a 75 round three total to finish tied for first at 230 (78, 77, 75).
- Jorie Hodapp added a sixth place finish, shooting a 233 (80, 73, 80).
- Karley Hammond (247 – 84, 82, 81) and Erin Bruner (253 – 85, 79, 89) finished tied for 43rd and 63rd, respectively.
- Rachel Belanger rounded out scoring for the Vikings with a 259 (84, 86, 89).
- New York University maintained their first place round two finish to take home the team title, shooting a 934 (76, 73, 83) team total.
- Claremont-Mudd-Scripps' Kelly Ransom finished tied for first with Weaver at 230 (77, 76, 77).
- Rhodes College, who finished second overall, was the only SAA contender to finish ahead of Berry at the invitational.
WHAT THEY SAID:
- "It has been two great weeks for Berry golf. Sydney has now won back to back events, and the team has played incredible finishing in 2nd last week and a tie for 4th this week with the best field we will see all year. We have a couple of weeks off until we travel again which will allow the team ample practice time before our next event in Greensboro." - Jesse Lawley, Head Women's Golf Coach
The Vikings will travel to Greensobor, N.C., to tee off at the Greensboro College Invitational on Monday, April 3.