By Noah Syverson, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. - Alex Kiernan dropped 16 points off the bench as the Berry College women’s basketball team rolled to a 78-58 victory in a non-conference tilt over the visiting Wesleyan (Ga.) Wolves.
Berry fielded a balanced scoring attack, as four Vikings scored in double figures to improve to 11-13 overall. They out-rebounded the Wolves 40 to 26 and dished out 19 assists on their 28 made field goals. The home team also dominated under the rim, scoring 34 points in the paint to Wesleyan's 16. The Wolves fell to 4-19 in the loss.
Berry led by only four at the halftime break but stormed back in the third quarter to take a commanding lead, 59-46, going into the final period.
- Alex Kiernan: 16 PTS, 6-for-7 FG, 4-for-5 3PT, 4 REB
- Alex Weems: 15 PTS, 4-for-8 FG, 7-for-7 FT, 8 REB
- Mackenzie Bryan: 10 PTS, 5-for-7 FG, 6 REB, 2 BLK
- TK Blount: 18 PTS, 6-for-21 FG, 5 REB, 6 STL
- Taylor Thigpen: 15 PTS, 4-for-9 FG, 5-for-6 FT, 3 AST
- Quenshawn Brandon: 6 PTS, 1-for-2 FG, 4-for-4 FT, 4 STL
The Vikings take on Oglethorpe at home in their final regular season game on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. at the Cage Center.