By Genesis Leggett, Sports Information Assistant
MACON, Ga. - Sophomore Mackenzie Smith finished with a double-double, scoring 10 points and grabbing 16 rebounds, as she led the Berry College women's basketball to their second win of the season against Wesleyan College on Monday night, 55-46.
Alex Weems was a force in the post for the Vikings as well, scoring 16 points. She grabbed six rebounds and finished with a block and a steal in the contest.
The Vikings opened the game leading the first quarter 14-8, never trailing again. Wesleyan then outscored the Vikings 21-15 in the fourth quarter, but Berry’s lead ensured the victory. Along with Smith and Weems, Eveline Parsons and Christina Cerezola also contributed on offense for Berry, both with seven points. For the Wolves, Alexis Russell led all scorers with 18 points.
- Smith: 10 PTS, 4-for-11 FG, 2-for-4 FT, 16 REB, 4 STL
- Weems: 16 PTS, 7 REB, STL, BLK
- Cerezola: 7 PTS, 2 AST, 9 REB
- Parsons: 7 PTS, 3 AST, 2 STL, 2 REB
- Russell: 18 PTS, 6-for-8 FG, 11 REB, 2 AST
- Thigpen: 11 PTS, 2 REB, 3 STL, 3 AST
- Blount: 7 PTS, 5 STLS, 7 REB, 2 AST
- With the win, Berry moves to 2-1 on the season.
- Wesleyan falls to 1-1 on the year.
The Vikings will compete in their next game on Saturday, Nov. 25 at home against LaGrange College to kickoff the USA South/SAA Classic. Tip-off is set for 4:00 p.m.