By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Nia Smith and Alex Weems finished the contest with 21 and 19 points, respectively, but the Berry College women’s basketball team’s second-half run fell short, as the Vikings fell to the Majors of Millsaps 76-69 on Sunday afternoon.
Berry fell to 8-11 and 3-6 on the year. Millsaps led the contest 32-31 at halftime, but the Vikings rounded out the last two quarters strong, tying the game at 55-55 with just over 7:15 to play in the fourth quarter. The Majors, though, finished the second half shooting 54.2-percent (13-for-24) from the field to ensure the 76-69 victory.
As a team, Berry shot 40.7-percent (22-for-54) in the contest, grabbing 37 rebounds and passing 11 assists in the loss. The Vikings also finished the outing with seven steals, four blocks and 14 forced turnovers.
- Nia Smith: 21 PTS, 6-for-15 FG, 2-for-9 3PT, 7-for-7 FG, 5 REB
- Alex Weems: 19 PTS, 6-for-11 FG, 7-for-10 FT, 5 REB
- McKenzie Smith: 6 PTS, 3-for-4 FG, 12 REB, 2 STL
- Dia Fortenberry: 16 PTS, 3-for-10 FG, 10-for-14 FT, 8 REB, 3 STL
- Millicent Butler: 14 PTS, 5-for-6 FG, 3-for-4 3PT, 1-for-2 FT, 2 REB
- Anna Wilson: 11 PTS, 4-for-8 FG, 3-for-5 FT, 9 REB
The Vikings will host Rhodes College in their next SAA matchup on Friday, Feb. 2 at 6:00 p.m.