By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
ATLANTA – McKenzie Smith finished the night tying a career-best with 16 rebounds, but the Berry College women's basketball team fell to Emory University 78-65 on Friday night.
Smith led the Vikings' defense grabbing half of their rebounds in the contest to finish the night with 16 boards for the second time this season. Berry was also led offensively on the night by Eveline Parsons, Ashley McKee and Alex Weems who each finished with double-digit points and three rebounds apiece.
On the night, Emory shot 48.3-percent (29-for-60) to Berry's 38.1-percent (24-for-63). The Eagles also led the contest in rebounds (40-32) and assists (24-9), while Berry forced 18 turnovers to their 15.
- Parsons: 12 PTS, 5-for-16 FG, 2-for-8 3PT
- McKee: 11 PTS, 5-for-7 FG, 3PT, 2 STL
- Weems: 10 PTS, 3-for-4 FG, 4-for-10 FT, BLK
- Smith: 6 PTS, 2-for-11 FG, 2-for-4 FT, 16 REB, STL
- Ashley Oldshue: 19 PTS, 7-for-8 FG, 5-for-6 FT, 15 REB
- Erin Lindahl: 16 PTS, 7-for-15 FG, 2-for-8 3PT, 4 REB, 5 AST, 2 BLK
- Blair Ripley: 13 PTS, 5-for-9 FG, 2-for-3 3PT, 6 REB, 3 BLK
- With the loss, Berry falls to 5-6 overall on the year.
- Emory improves to 6-4.
- The loss was only the second of the month for the Vikings who have won three of their last five.
- The Vikings will travel to Memphis, Tenn., to take on Rhodes College in their next contest on Friday, Jan. 5 at 7:00 p.m.