LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, Ga. — A three-pointer by Eveline Parsons with 11 seconds remaining in the game would give the Berry College women's basketball team the lead for good over the Covenant College Scots on Saturday afternoon, as the Vikings came away with a 66-65 victory.
After early season woes in the first quarter, the Vikings put in one of their strongest opening periods of the season, leading 22-16 heading into the second quarter. Berry held a 37-29 advantage at the half and continued to pace the Scots after the third, leading 55-44 heading into the fourth. The Vikings were outscored 21-11 in the final period, but held on for their third win of the year.
Parsons finished the night with a career-best 22 points on 8-for-15 shooting from the floor. She also hit 6-of-11 from three-point range, collected four assists, three steals and three rebounds. Alex Weems also put up double-digits, finishing with 16 points including a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
The Vikings came out on top after one of their best shooting games of the season. As a team, Berry posted a 40.4 field goal percentage, shot 40.0 percent from three-point range and was an impressive 12-for-14 on free throws. Berry was also aggressive on defense, resulting in a season-high 12 steals.
- Eveline Parsons: 22 PTS, 8-for-15 FG, 6-for-11 3FG, 4 AST
- Alex Weems: 16 PTS, 10-for-10 FT, 5 REB
- Nia Smith: 8 PTS, 3-for-10 FG, 5 REB, 4 STL
- Emma Grimes: 15 PTS, 4-for-8 FG, 4-for-7 3FG
- Joanna Smith: 11 PTS, 4-for-9 FG, 4 REB
- Taylor Robinson: 8 PTS, 3-for-7 FG, 4 REB
- The Vikings will head to LaGrange on December 16th for a 2:00 p.m. tip.