By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
CONWAY, Ark. – Fleming hit a two-run home run, and Kassie Howard added a no hitter performance in the circle, as the Berry College softball team swept the three-game series against Hendrix College 5-0 on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Fleming’s two-run homer opened up Viking scoring in the top of the fourth inning, giving Berry a 2-0 lead.
- Kylie Aiken then singled to center field in the top of the fifth inning to bring home both Karlie Jarrett and Katlin Seger and move the score to 4-0.
- Sarah Moore added the final RBI of the game in the top of the seventh inning, hitting a single into center field to score Brittany Ferrell and ensure Berry’s 5-0 victory over the Warriors.
- Howard tossed all seven innings for Berry in the contest, allowing no hits, while striking out 12 Warriors on the day.
- In the outing, Berry outhit Hendrix 10-0, and both teams committed no errors.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Fleming: 3-for-4, R, 2 RBIs, 2B, HR
- Aiken: 2-for-2, R, 2 RBIs, 2 BB
- Seger: 2-for-3, R, 2B
- Jarrett: 1-for-2, R
- Moore: 1-for-3, RBI
- Ferrell: 1-for-4, R, HBP
- Howard: 7.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 12 K
HENDRIX STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Dasha Donahoe: 1.0 IP, 2 ER, 2 BB
- Savannah Draud: 2.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB
- The Vikings expand their win streak to three games, improving to 29-2 overall, as well as a perfect 11-0 in the Southern Athletic Association.
- Hendrix falls to 12-16 and 4-8.
- Howard’s complete-game no hitter was her first no hitter of the season.
Berry will travel to Maryville, Tenn., for their next doubleheader against the Scots of Maryville College on Wednesday, April 5. First pitch of game one is set for 1:00pm.