By Rhett Butler, Sports Information Assistant
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. — The Berry College cross country teams raced under-distance at the Atlanta Track Club Wingfoot XC Classic on Saturday.
Both the men and the women raced the Community 5K Saturday evening which had several colleges from the area including Reinhardt, the Georgia Tech club team and the Kennesaw club team. The ATC also fielded several of their elite runners in the race. The race also featured several alumni of the cross country teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The men were led by captain Parker Roberts (16:14), followed closely by senior Rhett.
- Bray Fulton clocked 16:31 for 13th.
- Robert Bevins clocked 16:38.
- Jon Gogal, Andy Butzow and Cam Mallet finished 21st-23rd.
- The women were led by Alainna Chretien in 18:32
- Abby Carrol clocked 19:10
- Meredith Herman ran 20:26
- Several of the women set XC PBs, some after running a long run.
- Butler, 12th place overall, clocked 16:16 for a new personal best.
- Fulton’s time was a season best.
- Butzow’s 22nd place finish was a new PB, a time of 17:14
- Herman and Bilsky set XC personal bests, both on the end of long runs.
- MaryBeth Rowland set a new XC PB of 20:47
- Lillian Hamman set a new PB of 21:39 after a long run.
- Elise Barron set a PB of 21:45
- Madison Jacobs set a PB of 23:59 in her first 5K.