By Meredith Herman, Sports Information Assistant
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. – The Berry College Cross Country teams raced at the Bobcat Classic on Friday night against several competitors from DII schools. The women’s team took 4th out of 19, while the men placed 5th out of 13.
- The men were led by Parker Roberts, who ran a 27:49.0.
- Freshman Andy Butzow set a personal record of 28:30.8
- Cam Mallett had a breakthrough race, running a full minute and 25 seconds PR (28:44.8).
- Jake Hills made a significant drop, running a PR of 30:14.3.
- Matt Towe ran a 31:38.8, rounding up a new personal record.
- Alainna Chretien led the women, clocking in at 24:11.5.
- Freshman Lillian Hamman dropped a full minute off her PR (25:56.6).
- Elise Barron shaved off 8 seconds, running a 26:25.0.
- Senior Katia DaCosta topped her personal best, dropping a full 5 minutes (29:59.0).
WHAT THEY SAID:
“We were impressed with the North Georgia women’s teams and the Augusta men’s team. It was a privilege to race with the best DII schools in Georgia. Our race focus on positions 4-6 went well. Cross Country was truly a team sport on Friday.” - Head Coach Paul Deaton
The Vikings will host the Berry Invitational at home on October 15th.