ROME, Ga. – The Berry College men’s and women’s tennis teams took on conference rival Millsaps College on Saturday. The women’s team took a loss of 6-3, and the men’s team also fell 8-1.
WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Millsaps' Ashley Ford and Maggie Dabadie added a win in No. 1-Doubles against Mary Cerny and Lauren Byrket (8-5)
- Berry’s No. 2-Doubles team of Kelsey McCray and Emmie Cornell earned an 8-1 victory, and Berry’s No. 3-Doubles team of Sage Havrilla and Sydney Stone also added an 8-5 win
- Ashley Ford defeated Mary Cerny in the No. 1-Singles spot, 6-1 and 7-5
- Maggie Dabadie (6-0, 6-0) and Jordyn Kank (7-5, 6-1) added a win in the No. 2 and 3-Singles spot as well for Millsaps.
- Sydney Stone rounded out scoring (6-2, 6-1) in the No. 4-Singles spot for Berry earning the sole singles victory of the day for the Vikings.
- Millsaps' Natalie Taps (3-6, 6-4, 1-0) and T. Barbier (6-2, 7-6) each added wins in both the No. 5 and No. 6-Singles spots to finish off the matches.
MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Millsaps swept the board for all three doubles matches on Saturday.
- Daniel Alligood took home the first and only win for the Vikings against Brandon Beck with a 2-6, 7-5, 1-0 win in a singles matchup.
- The men’s tennis team is now 10-7 overall, as well as 2-5 in the SAA.
- The women’s team is now to 8-8 and 2-5.
Berry will travel to Little Rock, Ark., for their next matches as part of the SAA Tournament. The men will face Rhodes in the first round of the tournament with the Women facing Oglethorpe.