By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The Berry College men’s and women’s tennis teams split with the Lynx of Rhodes College on Sunday. The women’s team defeated the Lynx 7-2, while the men’s team fell 2-7.
WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- The No. 1-Doubles team of Mary Cerny and Lauren Byrket (8-3) and the No. 3-Doubles team of Sage Havrilla and Karleigh Dills (8-5) each earned a win for Berry.
- Byrket defeated Natalie Arnold in the No. 2-Singles spot, 7-5 and 6-1.
- Kelsey McCray added a win in the No. 3-Singles spot as well.
- Sydney Stone also earned a 1-6, 6-3 and 6-3 victory over SL Abbott in the No. 4-Singles spot.
- Havrilla (4-6, 6-4, 7-6) and Dills (2-6, 6-3, 6-4) rounded out Berry scoring with wins as well.
MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Berry’s No. 1-Doubles team of Matt Blakely and Griffin Davis earned the only Viking men’s doubles victory of the day, 8-4.
- Ryan Miner then added the only singles victory for Berry in the No. 3-Singles spot, 1-6, 7-5 and 6-1.
- The men’s tennis team is now 10-5 overall, as well as 2-3 in the SAA.
- The women’s team improves to 8-6 and 2-3.
Berry will host Birmingham-Southern College in their next SAA match on Friday, April 14 at 9:00am.