By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
ORLANDO, Fla. – Both the Berry College men’s and women’s tennis teams extended their winning streaks with victories over Edgewood College on Wednesday morning. The women’s team defeated the Eagles 8-1, and the men’s team added a 9-0 victory as well.
WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Mary Cerny and Lauren Byrket defeated Alicia Picard and Alyssa Carew 8-2 in the No.1-Doubles spot for Berry.
- Kelsey McCray and Karleigh Dills added an 8-0 win over Jaime Winquist and Maggie Russel in the No. 3-Doubles spot as well.
- All six Vikings added a victory in the singles spots for Berry to round out the 8-1 defeat: Cerny (6-1, 6-1), Byrket (6-2, 6-1), McCray (6-4, 6-3), Sage Havrilla (6-2, 6-1), Emmie Cornell (7-6, 6-4) and Dills (6-0, 6-1).
MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- On the men’s side, all three doubles teams earned a victory on Wednesday.
- Matt Blakely and Griffin Davis defeated Brian Davenport and Evan Stone 8-1 in the No.1-Doubles spot.
- Ryan Miner and Chase Gooding bested Jaime Bonarides and Andrew Martinez 8-0 in the No. 2- Doubles spot, and Jordan Crance and Daniel Alligood earned the 8-3 win over Sebastion Seegar and Brandon Glock in the No. 3-spot for Berry.
- All six singles players added a win in the contest as well: Davis (6-1, 6-2), Miner (6-2, 6-1), Gooding (6-0, 6-0), Alligood (6-2, 6-1), Branson Mann (6-0, 7-6) and Bram Alkemade (7-5, 6-1).
- With the wins, the Berry men’s and women’s teams improve to 4-2 and 3-2, respectively, overall on the year.
- The Edgewood men’s team falls to 1-8, and the Edgewood women’s team falls to 9-7.
The women’s team will take on Lake Forest in their next matchup later tonight at 6:00pm. The men’s team will go head-to-head with McMurry College in their next matchup tomorrow in Orlando, Fla.