Stormy Petrels Defeat Vikings 8-1 Friday
Yerbey and Surls won their match in the No. 1 doubles position, defeating Oglethorpe's Ethan Motz and Rajiv Dinakaran 8-5. But that turned out to be the Vikings' lone victory of the afternoon, as the Stormy Petrels swept the two lower position in doubles action and all six singles matches.
Berry is scheduled to return to action Tuesday at Covenant.
OGLETHORPE 8, BERRY 1
1. Yerbey/Surls (BC) def. Motz/Dinakaran (OU) 8-5
2. Hirsch/Zhao (OU) def. Ortman/Weeks (BC) 8-5
3. Andre/Borne (OU) def. Pullen/Stapleton (BC) 8-3
1. Ethan Motz (OU) def. Logan Yerbey (BC) 6-1, 6-4
2. Benjamin Hirsch (OU) def. Jonathan Surls (BC) 6-3, 6-1
3. Kirk Zhao (OU) def. Jake Pullen (BC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Rajiv Dinakaran (OU) def. Ben Ortman (BC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Craig Borne (OU) def. Steven Weeks (BC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Cedric Andre (OU) def. Kyle Stapleton (BC) 6-0, 6-1
- BerryVikings.com -