By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Both the men's and women's swim and dive teams defeated South Georgia State College on Saturday. The men bested the Hawks 985-765 while the women won 898-815.
BERRY COLLEGE VIKINGS WOMEN'S TEAM:
- Josie Hadaway continued to lead the women's team, adding four first place finishes to her undefeated season. Hadaway finished first in the 100-Yard Individual Medley in 1:02.24, the 200-Yard Breaststroke in 2:36.89, the 100-Yard Butterfly in 59.68 (a new school record) and the 400-Yard Individual Medley in 4:49.93.
- Micaela Campagna earned a first place finish in the 100-Yard Breaststroke in 1:16.49.
- The Vikings' 200-Yard Medley Relay team of Carlye McKillip, Jose Hadaway, Kate Coleman and Leigh Hadaway added a first place finish in 1:56.68, and the women's 400-Yard Medley Relay team of McKillip, Josie Hadaway, Sarah Pierce and Leigh Hadaway also added a top finish in 4:15.69.
- Frankie Reda (358.50) and Sydney Partlow (267.60) added first and second place finishes, respectively, in the one-meter diving.
BERRY COLLEGE VIKINGS MEN'S TEAM:
- Mac Stovall led the men's team with a first place finish in the 50-Yard Butterfly in 24.30, as well as a first place finish in the 50-Yard Freestyle in 22.38. Stovall added a final first place finish in the 100-Yard Butterfly in 54.09.
- Garrison Bemis also added three first place finishes in the 50-Yard Backstroke in 26.70, the 100-Yard Backstroke in 56.13 and the 200-Yard Backstroke in 2:06.08
- Swimming a 2:00.70 race in the 200-Yard Butterfly, as well as a 4:59.24 in the 500-Yard Freestyle, Joey Ellwanger added two first place finishes for the Vikings as well.
- The men's 200-Yard Medley Relay team of Bemis, Robbie Ellwanger, Joey Ellwanger and Stovall also finished at the top of the leaderboard in 1:39.08, and the Vikings' 400-Yard Medley Relay team of Bemis, Robbie Ellwanger, Cory Mullins and Stovall also finished first with a time of 3:40.00.
- Scoring 317.70 points and a new school record, Ethan Hawkland finished first in the men's one-meter diving competition.
- Josie Hadaway has yet to lose a race this season, capturing her most first place finishes in a meet this year against the Hawks.
- With the win over South Georgia State College, the Vikings have now won two of their last three meets.
Berry will travel to Savannah, Ga., to compete in the SCAD Invitational on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 6:00pm. Events will continue through Saturday with the finals at 4:00pm on December 3.