By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
SAVANNAH, Ga. – The Berry College men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams finished ranked seventh and tenth, respectively, at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Invitational on Saturday.
BERRY COLLEG MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Eric Hammer posted a season-best 18.03.12 in the 1650-Yard Freestyle.
- Joey Ellwanger also swam a season-best 1:57.99 in the 200-Yard Butterfly.
- Additionally, Cory Mullins swam a season-best 1:59.04 in the 200-Yard Butterfly as well.
- Finally, Jackson Parker finished out the meet with a season-best 48.81 split to lead off the 400-Yard Freestyle Relay.
BERRY COLLEGE WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Alexis Miller set a season-best time of 57.84 to lead the Vikings’ 400-Yard Freestyle Relay to a 15th place 3:56.85 finish.
- Sarah Pierce also set a new school record in the 200-Yard Butterfly, finishing 10th in a time of 2:15.29.
- Micaela Campagna added a 12th place finish in the 200-Yard Breaststroke in 2:37.32.
- Carlye McKillip finished 14th in the 200-Yard Backstroke finals, posting a new school record time of 2:12.06.
- Julie Brophy finished 17th in 1650-Yard Freestyle with a season-best time of 20:01.33.
- Wingate University won the meet on both the men’s and women’s sides, scoring 1021 and 1273 points, respectively.
- The Vikings’ men's team finished with 114 points, while the Berry women’s team finished with 90 points.
“Everyone swam a great meet,” said Head Coach Paul Flinchbaugh. “It was the first chance to get swimmers into a preliminary and then final meet and everyone responded fantastically. This year is the fastest we have ever seen this meet, and the Vikings stepped up to the challenge and swam in championship form.”
The Vikings will kick off the New Year with the Viking Classic Invitational beginning on Friday, Jan. 20 at 5:00pm.