By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Both the Berry College men's and women's swim and dive teams finished fourth in the Southern Athletic Association Conference Championships.
• The men's team scored a team total of 528 points, while the women scored 493 points.
• The men's and women's Birmingham-Southern teams maintained their leads to take home the SAA titles, scoring 1,013.5 and 849 points, respectively.
BERRY WOMEN'S RESULTS:
• Carlye McKillip swam a 2:14.20 200-Yard Backstroke in the prelim round to place eighth and advance to the finals. She then finished eighth overall in the event in 2:16.04.
• Josie Hadaway swam a 2:32.19 in the prelims of the 200-Yard Breaststroke to finish fourth. She then maintained her fourth place finish in the finals in 2:31.65.
• Sarah Pierce finished second in both the prelims and finals of the 200-Yard Butterfly, capturing an SAA silver medal in 2:10.14.
BERRY MEN'S RESULTS:
• Mac Stovall, Garrison Bemis and Jackson Parker all placed within the top eight in the 100-Yard Freestyle to advance to the finals. Stovall finished fourth overall in 47.29. Bemis and Parker placed sixth and seventh, respectively, in 48.97 and 48.07.
• Robbie Ellwanger placed fifth in both the prelims and finals of the 200-Yard Breaststroke, swimming a 2:08.73.
• Both Cory Mullins and Joey Ellwanger advanced to the finals in the 200-Yard Butterfly. Mullins finished third in 1:54.98, while Ellwanger finished fifth in 1:55.74.
• Eric Hammer finished seventh in the 1650-Yard Freestyle in 17:35.52.
• Ethan Hawkland took fourth in the three-meter diving completion, scoring 270.90 points.
• The men's 400-Yard Freestyle really of Stovall, Bemis, Parker and Joey Ellwanger took silver in 3:08.49.