By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Transylvania scored once in each half, as the Berry College men’s soccer team lost their first match of the year, 2-0, on Sunday afternoon to round out play in the Berry Invitational.
Transylvania’s first goal of the game came in the 38th minute, as Griffin Lamb found the back of the net to take the 1-0 lead. The Pioneers’ Riley Calhoon then tacked on an additional goal in the 80th minute, ensuring Transylvania’s 2-0 victory. Each team finished with 10 shots and three corner kicks apiece in the outing, with the Vikings leading the game in saves, 4-3.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Jake Williamson: 6 SH, 2 SOG
- Steven Moore: 2 SH, SOG
- Carson Oakes: 5 SOG, 2 GA, 3 SV
TRANSYLVANIA STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Calhoon: 3 SH, 2 SOG, G
- Lamb: SH, SOG, G
- Drew Grisham: 2 SOG, 2 SV
- With the loss, Berry falls to 3-1 on the year.
- Transylvania improves to 4-0.
- The Vikings will host Lynchburg in their next game on Monday, Sept. 18 at 3:00pm.